Strange Animals in Strange Places

I knew that title would get you reading :)

Last night, Evan appears by our bedside (not a frequent occurrence) and announces that a rodent has just walked across him on his bed!  He wanted us to come down and check out his bed before he got back in it, so as not to harm the said rodent.  Lest you think we are infested with mice or something; refer to previous post about Houdini the Hamster.  yes, Houdini has now learned how to climb up on Evan's bed; although I don't think he will be doing that again as Evan gave him a bit of a chuck when he woke up quite startled at the little furry guy on his chest.  Houidini, btw, is back in his cage, as I said before, he never fails to walk right into the trap set for him!

Now, one strange animal story is not enough, so here is another.  I was shutting the shades in Raelea and Zoe's room before nap-time today and I looked out their window and saw a TURKEY walking up the neighbors driveway.  Seconds later, I saw Snickers chasing the turkey into the neighbors back yard.  By the time I got out there, the turkey was no where to be seen and Snickers was back in the front yard without feathers in her mouth.  The kid's don't think there is anything strange about a TURKEY on the neighbors driveway, but I find it a little odd myself.  It's not like we live out in the country or something.  I hope I don't have any more strange animal stories for you today :)

4 comments:

  1. Wayyyyyyy to much drama with the animals in your house. Don't you have enough drama with two 13ish age girls?? One 13 year old girl is enough here, and NO NO NO animals!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a reason this blog is called The Zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprisingly, I never thought about it that way, I was thinking with that many kids, it's a zoo!

    PS, I'm not an animal hater, I grew up with dogs and even had a dog up til about 6 years ago! (and we've had fish, guinea pigs...etc...) I guess I'd just rather collect kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Jean, the kids make it a zoo as well - if it's not the kids, it's the animals; if it's not the animals, it's the kids

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.