Breakfast

I am not a morning person! Why am I always confessing things here??? Anyway, I am REALLY not a morning person! Why, you may ask, do I get up at 5:30 in the morning if I am NOT A MORNING PERSON? Well, I get up at 5:30 BECAUSE I am NOT A MORNING PERSON. You see, I cannot be civil until I have been up for at least two hours. If you think I am kidding, ask my husband. He knows not to talk to me until, say, nine o'clock. So, if I want to be a loving, kind mother to my dear children when they rise out of their snugly beds in the morning (which I really do) I better get up at least an hour and a half before they come tumbling out. It works very well, thank you very much.

Anyway, because I am NOT a morning person, making breakfast can prove to be a task on par with climbing Mount Everest for me. So, to make my morning easier I do a lot of prep the night before. This morning I made muffins (whole wheat chocolate chip, for those who care). Last night, I left the counter looking like this...Than when I stumble into the kitchen in the morning, I just need to add the "wet" ingredients and waa-laa muffins. Even so, I have been known to crack an egg into the garbage can, drop an egg on the floor or drop an egg on the counter top (can you see I have egg problems in the morning?) This morning it was on the counter top and I was able to salvage it (last time it was on the floor, I didn't salvage that one). Anyway, the muffins were tasty although they don't rise too well with all whole wheat. Alas, they tasted good anyway. There you have it!

3 comments:

  1. Barb,How did you get Snickers NOT to help himself to a midnight snack of two butter sticks.PS. what did you use the pineapple for that was on the counter while Nina and Molly were making their pie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,
    Although Snickers is a sneaky dog, she also is a lazy dog. She sleeps all night and doesn't touch the stuff on the counter. Now if we were downstairs doing school and the sticks of butter were on the counter - that would be a different story!

    The pineapple was for eating only. They were on sale, so I got a couple. Recently, most of my kids have decided they like pineapple!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, You have never been a morning person, just like your dad. I learned early in our marriage not to expect conversation from him until after 10:00. And anything I might tell him earlier than that did not stick in his brain. It is great how organized you are. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.