Minutiae

As a SAHM and a homeschool mom it's easy to get caught up in the minutiae of life: the changing of diapers, feeding of kids, correcting math worksheets, etc. Ninety percent of what I write about on this blog is about just that (not that that is a bad thing, as I find the minutiae of life quite amusing much of the time). It's just that I can easily lose sight of the BIG picture. This morning, as I was reading my Bible, I found a passage that reminded me that even the minutiae has a purpose beyond the obvious.


Here it is -
"If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer." 2 Corinthians 1:6

So, my thoughts were - my afflictions and the comfort received in the is for Gods glory, my joy AND the comfort of others. My life circumstances and situations are never for me alone. There is a high and holy purpose behind each event of my day, evan changing diapers and driving children hither and thither. Okay, I'm off to the high and holy job of feeding the kids breakfast!

5 comments:

  1. Where do you get your WAY COOL quotes??? I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you want me to give away my source, do you? Hmm, well I'll need to think about that....

    Oh, okay, I subscribe to a Quote of the Day. Here is the link http://www.quotationspage.com/qotd.html . They have some great quotes! Most, but not all, of the quotes on my blog come from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a SAHM mom and a homeschooling mom myself, I know what you are saying! When I read your post, I said "amen"! I believe we MUST encourage one another daily, as the Scriptures say to do! Thank you for your words today that encouraged me!
    Cindy N. (from the forum!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy,
    I am glad you were encouraged! Your right, we all need a little word of encouragement from each other. I checked out your blog and enjoyed reading about your family. I pray that your referral comes quickly!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry and I just got home from a little Bible/Prayer time we have with his sister and her husband every Thursday. We spent a lot of time tonight thinking about 2 Corinthians 1:6, then I came home and read it on your blog. I like it when that happens. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.