Pack Rat

I confess: I am a pack-rat. I save everything and anything that I might some day need again. I wash ziploc bags and plastic cups to use over again. I save scraps of fabric in case I ever have time to quilt. I've saved some college textbooks in case Evan might need them as reference books (that has actually helped him with his Chemistry this year). You name it, I save it. This helps explain why there will be no shortage of pick-a-piles anytime in the near future (or the distant future for that matter).

Anyway, every once in awhile, quite rarely actually, I get in the throw-it-out-or-give-it-away mode. Well, now is one of those rare seasons and I am going through closets, etc. and getting rid of stuff. Boy, does that feel good. Three things motivated me this time; one, our church has opened a thrift store and they are taking donations to stock their shelves; two, I can't fit the kids clothes in their closets because they have TOO MANY clothes and three, we are feeling a little cramped in our house now that there are ten of us here. I really can't complain too much about that last one though as I have friends who have eight of them (with one more on the way) living in 900 sq. ft. We aren't nearly that cramped, so I will just keep my mouth shut!

Whatever the reason, me getting rid of things is a good thing. I will take a picture of all the stuff we are getting rid of and post it sometime this weekend! This is kind of fun :) I think I'll go right now and find something to get rid of...the pets are not an option. although they seem to wander off on their own...

5 comments:

  1. Yay for purging! I just blogged about that, actually.

    And is the store you are referring to called "Hidden Treasures", by any chance? Someone just commented about it on my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki,
    Yes, Hidden Treasures is the name of the store. It is in St. Anthony Village, which, unfortunately, is nowhere near us, but if I am ever up that way I will stop by and check it out. I think I will update my post with a link to the store's website.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAHHH, purging. One of my FAVORITE things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually got Dad to go through his closets and drawers to find items he no longer can or will wear to give away. I have been mentioning this to him for years and now the time was good. He actually has space in someof his closets. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. You see, it's genetic! I can' t help that I am a pack-rat. I got it from my dad! Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.