Evan's Book Club

Those of you that know Evan know that he is an avid book reader. A few months ago he decided to start a book club with some of his friends. I am so proud of them as they actually really do discuss the book :) The books they've read so far are The Prisoner of Zenda, The Westing Game and The Great Divorce. As you can see they have tackled some pretty tough stuff so far. Each boy gets a turn at picking the book they will read, so the fare is quite varied which is good. They come to the meeting with two questions about the book and then they spend about an hour discussing the book.

The remaining three hours they are together are spent running around the park like a bunch of wild animals (actually they are playing laser tag today). I am just so thankful that Evan has such wonderful friends. Who new that teenage boys could be such a joy to have around?Oh, no, you can see the piles on my end tables!! I guess I know what next week's pick-a-pile will be. Btw, you really need to go back and see how nice my island looks now!

4 comments:

  1. I checked out the clean island and it lookes wonderful. How long will that last? I am amazed (but should not be) with the selections Evan and his friends are reading. Do you occasionly listen in on their discussions. They are probably more thought provoking than some of the discussions we have at my book club. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the clean island won't last long! Unfortunately, it collects tuff really quickly!

    yes, the boys are picking great books and they are having lively discussions. I don't sit in on them, as I haven't read the books and then I would have to sing the Barney Song (the consequence for not reading the book). I do hear some of their discussions though and they do a great job of staying on topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO wonderful, Barb -- well, Evan -- and Barb for sharing the story! How great that Evan has taken this initiative -- the boys all do look like they are having a serious discussion. AWESOME! And that's funny that they have a consequence of singing the Barney Song....they've learned from a wee age that there are consequences for things. They will make great dads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they will. They are a fine bunch of young men. Their parents' should be proud!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.