Wading Pools

Many of you know that our family lived in Minneapolis for three years.  I don't regret living there, but it definitely showed me that I am not a city-living person.  Don't get me wrong, there were many great things about living in the city, but I never felt "at home" there.  When we moved back out to the 'burbs I felt like a dark cloud was removed from over my head and I could start being myself again.  

Anywho....one of the GREAT things about Minneapolis (and something that I do miss) is that in many of the city parks there are free wading pools.  In the summer you can just hop on over to the local park and splash around for an hour or so.  Well, since it was HOT this past weekend and we were looking for something to do, I decided to take the kids up to one of the wading pools in Mpls.  It was a blast!  I had forgotten how fun it was for the kids to splash around and play there.  It also did wonders in helping Marcus not to be so fearful of the water.  So, now I've determined that Mpls. is a great place to visit, but I don't want to live there :)








6 comments:

  1. Great idea, we will be trying that soon. Thanks, Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony,
    Might I recommend Pearl Park? It has one of the nicer wading pools in the South Mpls. are, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like great fun, especially on a HOT day like yesterday. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't have a pool with all those kids??!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean,
    Funny you should mention that as I am about to write a post about that very thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be watching for that one! I can't imagine what these kids would do in all this heat without the pool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.