That Worked Like A Charm

I had a list of "Spring Cleaning" projects that I needed to get done, but I wasn't sure when I would do them. I also have a houseful of children who want money for various purchases. This is indeed a good combination :) I wrote out my list of chores with how much I would pay a child to complete said chores and, PRESTO, the next day all the chores are completed! I'm a little shorter on cash, but only a little as I don't pay excessively for this sort of thing.

Oh, happy day! All of my windows are washed, inside and out, and all of my woodwork is cleaned and oiled. Lest you think we hand out money willy-nilly over here; rest assured, that is not the case. The kids don't get allowances at all and they do NOT get paid to do regular chores around the house. We feed, clothe and shelter them. That's enough payment for regular running-of-the-house chores.

Oh, I forgot to add that my raised bed gardens also got filled with dirt today, due to many, many trips from the pile of dirt in the driveway to the boxes Chris built in the back of the backyard (technically the pipeline easement, but we aren't going to talk about that...). I'll have to plant those gardens REALLY soon or we won't be getting our harvest before the snow flies or the frost falls (or whatever frost does).

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, that's it! Thanks, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I hire some of your children to help me with some of my spring cleaning chores. The windows are all washed, but the hated cleaning the baseboards and oiling them has not been done in several years. Remember when that was one of your jobs to earn money (I think you were in college then). Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.