Now This Is Interesting

I called our pediatrician today to get the results from the ringworm cultures from Molly & Zoe. Lo and behold, they do NOT, I repeat, NOT have ringworm! Amazing! The doctor who did the culture was quite certain that it WAS ringworm by looking at it and so was I, but apparently we were WRONG.

Well, this is indeed good news - I think. It's good news that it's not ringworm, but the question remains, "what is it?" Who knows? Weird dry skin? Cradle cap? You got me. I'll try oiling the spots for a while and see if they go away. If not, it looks like we're off to the dermatologist for more scraping and culturing.

The other bad news in this whole event is that we are out the $200+ dollars for the ringworm medicine that we started them on immediately after seeing the doctor. Bummer for us. Molly, on the other hand is delighted to not have to take that lovely medicine anymore.

I am glad that I can be the bearer of good news to those of you whom I alarmed by my previous post.

5 comments:

  1. Does that mean I do not have to sterilize my hair brush? Since it is the one in my traveling case, I did not do anything about it right away but planned to do it today before we got ready to leave tomorrow. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb,
    DH thinks Basil/Lemon pepper chicken rub sounds like something he'd like to try. But only if it doesn't have 100 ingredients. (ok, that part came from me). Could you post the recipe? Thanks, you're the best!! (we did love the honey chicken stuff)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Mother, that is what that means :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jean, you'll LOVE this one. It only has a few ingredients :) I'll post it later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.