School's Out

Yesterday was our last day of school for the year - kind of.   You see, actually, the only person that is truly done is Evan.  The four middle kids get to do math three days a week over the summer, so they don't forget anything.  Marcus & Raelea are STARTING school on Monday because I have more time to teach them to read while the other kids are "out" of school.  

So, you see, school isn't really out, it's just changed.  We officially begin our summer schedule of school and chores on Monday.  Summer chores include such riveting things as weeding the rocks, weeding the vegetable garden and weeding the flower gardens (I've got a LOT of weeds!).  Great fun!

The sad part of this year's last day of school is that it is Evan's last day of being taught by me!  :(  In August he will be start taking college classes through a state program called the Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO)
, so I will no longer be his teacher (although I did tell him I will tutor him if necessary).  It will be so strange not to have him home all day next year!  We will miss him in our class room.

3 comments:

  1. I'm taking a few weeks off to re group over here. It has been getting kind of tricky getting everything done.So I'll be back schooling soon. You will not be alone in cracking open the books this summer. Wow how thng wll change for you this fall.

    It was nice talking with you the other day. I hope I was not the reason for you latest quote about tact.

    Hope you have another enjoyable weekend!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,
    As always, it was great talking with you as well! No, our conversation was not related to the quote in anyway :)

    Enjoy your weeks off. I would do that, but I don't think I'd ever get up the momentum to get started again!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also planning on teaching my preschoolers over the summer months! With my "big kids" done with their "bookwork" over the summer, it frees up some time to really focus on teaching the little ones more. We dont do bookwork in the summer, but every day, all of my kids who can read, need to read for at least 1/2 hour or longer. And, they really learn a ton over the summer about nature. we spend a lot of time outdoors, doing nature "study" - although most often, I dont think they even realize they are learning because it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.