Menu Warning

You may notice over the summer that the What's For Dinner section on the sidebar lacks some originality. There is a reason for this and it's a good reason. Once again, summer has arrived at our house and one of the goals over the summer is to teach the kids how to cook (as in cook the whole meal, not just help Mom). We started this two years ago and it works like a charm. Back then the twins were only seven, so they needed a bit more supervision. This year, I envision afternoons of playing outside while dinner is being made by me servants, er, I mean children :)

In order to make this more fun for the kids, they get to choose what they will make for dinner. Mom retains veto power however, otherwise we would be having homemade pizza five nights a week. Since the kids have been grumbling about all the NEW recipes I've been trying, they are falling back on old standbys.

So, Monday night Evan cooks (Tilapia this week), Tuesday it's Nina's turn (BBQ sandwiches), Wednesday brings Molly to the kitchen to make Scalloped potatoes, Aidan will be the chef on Thursday (Spaghetti) and Friday would normally be Emily's turn, but we are going to the cabin.

You get the idea - I only have to cook two dinners each week. You can see why I like this plan! Nina, who would love to be in the kitchen more than anyplace else in the house, also made lunch today. I hardly know what to do with myself with all this free time on my hands...oh yeah, I'm going to teach them how to do the laundry, also :)

1 comment:

  1. I have actually tasted Nina's BBQ sandwiches and they are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.