I Miss My Boys

Well, the two that aren't home this weekend. Evan and Chris left for Chicago today. Evan is competing in a bagpipe competition tomorrow; Chris went along as a (band required) chaperone. They drove through an absolutely terrible thunder storm, but have arrived safely.

If you Twitter you can keep track of them there as Chris (seajayjay) is tweeting as is the MPPB. If you following the MPPB's tweets you will see the results from the competition as soon as they are in. Evan's solo competition is at 8:00 am (bummer for my not-a-morning-person child), so he needs to be on the grounds by 7:00 am. The band is competing in the afternoon and then there is a massed band performance at 5:30 in the evening (can you say "exhausting?).

Evan, do your best! I am SO proud of you and I can't wait to join you in Waukesha. Chris, I love you tons and miss you terribly.

5 comments:

  1. I read both your twitters last night. Very neat. Ok, I can not get caught up in Twitter, maybe I can, no I can't...it just seems fun.

    I am going to guess what child picked what meal from your What's for dinner list:

    Ring bologna and beans -Evan
    White bean & turkey chili -Barb
    Scalloped potatoes and ham -Nina
    Lasagna -Barb (but maybe Nina?)
    Chrunchy chicken -Molly

    Was I close?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moderately close, Tina.

    You got Evan right and i did chose the chili (on Nina's behalf), Emily chose the crunchy chicken, Molly the scalloped potatoes and Aidan the Lasagna (Aidan chooses all things Italian).

    Nice try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ring Bolonga seems like a growing boy meal,doesn't it? We had ring bolonga a lot as a kid.I always loved it!My mom usually made stuffing with it instead of beans. Impressive that Aidan made lasagna.I will try guessing again this week and see how I do.

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well then, I guess I better update my menu :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy,
    I thought of you when I wrote this post! I thought, "I know what Kathy is going to recommend :)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.