Not Good

When your child says to you, "Mom, what is that awful smell?" You know that something is not good.

When she says, "The laundry room smells like rotten eggs." You know that it is really not going to be a good afternoon.

Upon investigation, Mom discovered that the floor drain in the laundry room was backing up whenever water was run in the kitchen sink. This is better than it backing up whenever the toilet is flushed (I speak from personal experience here), but still not a good way to start the afternoon.

That lingering headache I had all morning did not go away after I discovered smelly water on my laundry room floor. After several unanswered phone calls and an e-mail message to dear hubby, he finally came home early, went to Home Depot to buy a snake, and cleaned out the nasty mess.

So tonight I will sleep easy, knowing that next time the drain backs up, I have the necessary tools to take care of the problem.

How was your day? Oh and by the way, I'm all in favor of global warming about now. Bring it on! What's with the first two days of our summer vacation being cold and rainy???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.