YES!

I saved $90.67 on groceries this week! Yippee!

Okay, some people want details....

Unfortunately, most of the deals are over :( Let's see, Coborn Delivers (formerly Simon Delivers) offered $44 off an order over $100 in honor of the inauguration of our 44th President (although I seriously doubt they would have done that if McCain had won), then I had a $15 off coupon for Cub (which came in the mail) and another $10 off coupon for Cub (which we got from Holiday gas station - I'm not sure why. Cub and Holiday have some sort of special relationship these days. Buy gas save on groceries, buy groceries, save on gas - works for me) and then Cub had turkey breast on sale for $.68/lb and then there were a bunch of other coupons...

You get the picture...

5 comments:

  1. Please elaborate! I'm down to $30 bucks left for the month and WAAAY too many days left in January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't just tell us you saved $90.67 and then not tell us how you did it! Do tell!

    Also, FYI, if you sign up for the online mailings from Lund's and Byerly's they send you an online coupon each Thursday morning.

    This week's coupon is for $10 off $100 in groceries (which Cub has also this week if you get the coupon at Holiday, but I'm sure you were all over that one already). Anyway, the plus part of the Byerly's-Lund's coupon is that it is BOGO week there. You have to watch the prices, but they have some good BOGOS. (For example, I'm good on olive oil now till 2025 thanks to a great BOGO).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good shopping Barb!! Crazy enough our monthly food bugdet is a crazy small $650 (no joking not sure how we do it but we do not go to bed hungry) a month so to save that amount...I can dream of all the fun extra groceries I would buy...ice cream,real butter,actual fruit,cold cereal...the money would never make it to savings.
    Enjoy that savings my fellow large family shopper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina,
    I don't know how you do it either!

    Hear that folks - Tina feeds 16 on $650/mo.

    I'm not even going to tell you what I spend a month, but it's a lot more than $650. I think I should be following your grocery list, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb,

    Nobody should follow our grocery list.It does not satisfy the food pyramid guide lines at all.There isn't a lot of glamore in beans and rice!It is worth it though...I do not mind eating like this if it means a few more children that we have the privilage to raise.I know you totaly understand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.