10 Great Things About Minnesota In January

I promised my friend Crystal in Alaska that I would not complain about the cold here anymore, so I have decided to put my brain to work and come up with ten good things about living in Minnesota in January. It wasn't easy, but here they are...

1. I can drink tea all day (yes, it's primarily to keep my hands warm, but that's beside the point).
2. I can drink hot chocolate whenever I want (and it's good for you too!)
3. I go to bed earlier because that is the only warm place in the house after the thermostat turns down at ten o'clock.
4. I don't have to weed any gardens
5. No mosquitoes.
6. I can snuggle with the kids on the couch to keep warm.
7. I can look forward to going to Alabama and walking on the beach in nice warm weather, with the waves lapping at my feet and the wind blowing through my hair while I look for shells and listen to the seagulls...oh, wait, I think I got sidetracked.
8.Cornbags.
9. I have a son old enough to start up the car to warm it up for me before I go outside.
10.Hmm, I'm having a hard time coming up with one more. Maybe you fellow Minnesotans can help me.

4 comments:

  1. I have to say I am jelouse of you having a child that old. I can't wait. Just nine more years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's number 10...As you drive around (between storms), you can enjoy all the interesting snow sculptures that have been created.

    And yes it is nice having an offspring old enough to start the car on those cold winter mornings. Too bad mine is going back to Duluth in a few days! No more snuggling on the couch or asking her to start my car!

    And tea or hot chocolate before climbing into bed with those nice warm cornbags is a very nice relaxer (at least for me, I fall right to sleep).

    As for mosquitos and weeding...I am looking forward to that nice warm weather again!

    And my trip south may have to wait because Zachary can't write his thesis until he has made a new discovery in the research. So he may not be done in May! *scream*

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10. Sledding, snow angels, and flying kites on a frozen lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rae,
    Now flying kites on frozen lakes - there's something I've never done! I'll have to try it when it's not -20!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.