Good To Know

That the police here respond quickly to a 911 call. How might I know that, you ask? Well, apparently one of my children, Who-Will-Remain-Nameless (WWRN), dialed 9-1-1 by accident. I casually glanced out my window after lunch and noticed a police car stopped at the bottom of our driveway. My first reaction was to ask the kids, "Is the dog inside?" When the dog was found to be in the house, my child, WWRN, came and asked me, "If I dialed 9-1-1-7 would that count as a 911 call?"

"Um, yes, it would."

Well, thankfully, the nice officer was reasonably understanding and left after taking my name down. Surprisingly, the officer did not ask why my children weren't in school. I was really surprised that he didn't question that.

Well, now all my children have been lectured in NOT starting any phone dialing with 9-1-1. Hopefully, this won't happen again anytime soon or the neighbors will start talking:)

4 comments:

  1. Barb,
    Your child was just giving you something interesting to blog about!!

    I think my husband said that when that happens they usually call you back and talk to an adult to make sure everythings ok. (because kids do this every once in a while!) If no one answers, they do come out. You must have an extra diligent police dept!

    Oh, and by the way, I'd love some of your recipes (that have fewer ingredients than your first 2!!!!) Do you really make dinners every night with all those ingredients??? (my fav cookbook is "Six ingredients or Less"!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think WWRN was on the phone after the 911 call was placed so the police couldn't have returned the call.

    As for the recipes, no I don't make that "type" of recipe every night. It depends how motivated I am :) I'll post some of my "family-friendly" recipes now.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "school" comment! :) Calling 9-1-1 happened all the time when I was working -- because a person had to dial '9' to get an outside line, and then '1' if it was an international call, and somehow a '1' was often dialed again. We frequently heard on the intercom, "Did anyone dial 9-1-1 and have a real emergency? The Edina police are on the phone. Please call the front desk if you did...."

    Good thing you didn't get an ambulance and fire truck, too. Although, the kids probably would have enjoyed that -- what kid wouldn't?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the police officer did mention that this sort of thing happens a lot! It was only after the fact that I realized that we could have had the fire truck and everything here as well :)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.