So That's Where They Were Staying

I ventured into the storage room today to get out a bin of clothes  (have I mentioned that I have something like 20 bins of clothes in there, of sizes that no one fits into right at the moment).  As I was rummaging through this particular bin of clothing I noticed little presents left by our furry boarders.  It became abundantly clear that our little mouse friends had spent quite a bit of time in this bin of clothes.  The lid was not on it tightly and apparently they had moved in.  Thankfully, they had since moved out, but not without leaving us a little token of their appreciation.

I kid you not, they really did eat a heart shape hole in these jeans! I was a little miffed at my furry friends for ruining a pair of jeans, but I could help but smile!

4 comments:

  1. Happy "early" Valentine...lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been SO absent from blogging so I'm catching up ... NO WAY about the mice, and this mouse's clever work. !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering how, with all 10 of you, you could have clothes in a box that no one can fit into at the moment.

    Also, years back, we had mice eat clothes while in the laundry room in the color sorted (or maybe not so sorted) piles. It's really disappointing. I've noted they prefer cotton to poly blends...as do I.

    We finally called Orkin (in the early 90's) about our mouse problem when it was so bad that they were frolicking in the middle of the living room while we were sitting there. Had to sign a year contract with them, but it took care of the problem for a year!

    The important thing we learned from them was to walk around the outside of the house and put steel wool in all the little holes where pipes and hoses come out. Mice won't eat steel wool. Did you already write about doing that in an earlier post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,
    I am smiling just thinking about little mice frolicking around your living room :)

    I've heard about the steel wool thing. Come spring, Chris will be making a thorough examination of exterior of the house and hopefully we will FIND the hole!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.