Family Friendly Recipes

My dear friend Jean has requested recipes with "fewer ingredients", so now is the time to post the recipes for Cheesy Noodle Casserole and Chicken, potatoes, carrots with onion soup mix. These are definitely NOT gourmet, but oh, so pratical.

Cheesy Noodle Casserole
Ham
Egg noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 pound American cheese

Cook up some egg noodles - however many you want. I usually use about 2/3 of a bag. In a 2-qt. casserole dish combine soup with one soup can of water. Cut up ham and cheese in bite sized pieces. Place in casserole with soup. Add noodles after they are done cooking. Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour.

It doesn't get much easier than that! Except maybe this -

Chicken, potatoes, carrots with onion soup mix
Chicken breasts
carrots
Potatoes
Lipton Onion Soup mix
1/4 cup olive oil

In a 9X13 pan combine the onion soup mix with the olive oil. Cut up chicken and potatoes into bite-sized pieces, add baby carrots. Quantities are up to you. If I'm really filling up the pan (which I usually do for our family as this is one of the kids favorite meals) I'll use two packets of onion soup mix and about 1/2 cup oil. Stir to coat chicken and vegetables. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.

3 comments:

  1. I made the cheesy noodle hotdish tonight. I had to change the recipe a little for lack of ham or chicken. The kids usually eat so fast they will never miss the meat. We have to use two 16 oz bag of noodles and one of those huge 26 oz cream soups.We are a two 9 x 13 pan family for meals and een that is not enough most times. I wonder how it will be when more of our boys hit their teens.

    Great recipes Barb!!!Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I'm talkin' about!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks -- I have a bunch of potatoes to use up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.