Making Butter

My dear sweet friend Tina wanted to know how to "make" butter. Here you go:

Buy some whipping cream. Chill it well. Get a canning jar. Put the cream in the jar with about six or so marbles. Put the lid on really tight and start shaking. Keep shaking. Shake it some more. When the marbles no longer move around in the jar,check it and see if the butter is there yet (there will be liquid(buttermilk) in there as well. We added a little salt to the cream as well, since I like salted butter.

There you have it. I think it counts as physical education as well as history :)

1 comment:

  1. Why thanks Barb! I think it will be real fun for the kids to make. I will let you know how it goes. I will copy cat blog about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.