Timing Is Everything

It's always good to pick the proper time for major events in your family, don't you think?  I mean, no one in their right mind would want to do something like start a major home addition a few days before the homeschool year starts.  That would be....well...positively insane.

Umm, well...No one has ever accused us of being in our right minds, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that we are starting a major addition to the home just a few days before the homeschool year starts.

First  comes the de-construction phase, and the first thing to go is the deck.  Unfortunately, it will also be the last thing to come back (not until next summer).


We will be adding about 800 sq. ft. to the house (400 up and 400 down), enlarging our living room, dining room and TV room, as well as adding another bedroom.  Our boys will finally have a REAL bedroom with a door and everything!  Ah, the luxuries of life that they have gone without all these years.  Our whole family will actually be able to fit in our living room.  What a concept!

Our dear friend, Steve from New Creations, is our general contractor.  We are looking forward to working with him over the next two months as he transforms our house.  I will keep you posted on the progress.  Actually, you will probably grow VERY tired of all the home updates...so much so that you will mutter to yourselves, "I never thought I'd say this, but I wish she'd go back to non-stop talking about Mumford & Sons!"

Let me know when you start muttering that.  I will gladly oblige!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! (Ha! The first time I typed it, my fingers where in the wrong place and it came out SOS! I think that's no coincidence!) What an undertaking! You guys will be so happy you did it, though -- good timing or not. There's a fine line between sane and insane anyway, isn't there?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.