Back To Reality

Having been gone all weekend, singing, dancing and generally having a great time was wonderful, but the descent back to reality has been...harsh!  It is always this way when I leave.  The burdens of mothering eight kids and the responsibility of maintaining the household are lifted for a short time and my mind and my body bask in the freedom.  When I arrive home I am immediately confronted with siblings squabbling, laundry that needs to be folded, meals that need to be made, concerns over the many issues in our family, etc.

I was reflecting yesterday on how, despite the sleep deprivation, lack of regular meals and a roof over our heads, I felt so good the whole weekend.  Honestly, I felt about ten years younger, and judging by the pictures of me, I looked younger as well.  When I got back home I felt the weight of responsibility land with full force upon my mind and body again - like a hundred pound weight.

That got me to thinking, "This is not good!"  Although some of my burdens are unavoidable: the kids must get fed and trained, the laundry needs to be done, etc.; some of my burdens I need to let go of, like worries and concerns over the future, worries about what other people might think, etc. So many things are out of my control, yet I carry those worries around with me, as though I could change the outcome.

All this reflecting landed me squarely on Matthew 11:28-30, where Jesus says to ME -
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
An easy yoke, a light burden and rest for my soul.  I'm in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.