So True

Last night at church Pastor John said something that just really struck me.  He was talking about relationships, and giving grace for other people's failings or perceived failings.  How we shouldn't be quick to judge people based on their actions because there is more going on in most situations than meets the eye.

He kept saying how life is not simple.

Situations aren't that simple.  People's actions and their motivations for their actions are rarely simple.  We do well to keep that in mind.  How easy it is to see what someone says or does and jump to a simple, but wrong, conclusion.

Oh, how I loved to hear this!!  Oh, how I needed to hear this in regards to how I view others, specifically my children.

Reasons, motivations, emotions, deep things of the heart - all complicated, all difficult to discern in ourselves, let alone in other people.

I hope that I can be a person who extends grace and believes the best about others, and I hope people who know me would treat me with grace and believe the best about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.