Now I Have A Problem

September is over and so my mind turns to Christmas. Yes, I kind of skip those two+ months in between...

Anyway, specifically, my mind has turned to writing my Christmas letter and that is where the problem arises. You see, I started this blog in January 2008. Every humorous thing that has happened to us, around us or by us has been meticulously blogged about here. WHAT AM I GOING TO WRITE ABOUT IN MY CHRISTMAS LETTER??????

This blog is like an on-going Christmas letter. So, if I recap my year for my non-blog readers, you all will be bored silly and thinking, "I've heard this story before." What to do, what to do? I could just make up a bunch of things and put them in my Christmas letter - it wouldn't be the first time. I could write a bunch of boring things that happened to us throughout the year that didn't make it to the blog - now that might be fun - for me at least. Hmmm. It's a good thing I've started to think about this in October. I have a couple months to figure it out.

Stay tuned....

As a side note, I was talking to Nina's birthmom, Rebekah, the other day and she told me that when she reads my blog she can almost hear me talking - and laughing. Those of you that have heard my voice will appreciate the laughing part as I am told I have a VERY distinct laugh. Someday, when we get a digital video camera, I will post a video of my kids imitating my laugh. That should be really humbling :)

8 comments:

  1. This is just an idea to pass along: I know you like to do this yourself but you could think about doing what I did a couple years ago: Let one of the kids help you write it. It was the funnest (I think that is a word) Christmas letter we have ever had done. Hey...maybe I should enlist her to do it again for me this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about a Christmas letter quiz? You could provide multiple choices and it would challenge those of us who read your blog to remember correctly your lives in the past year. Then, you could offer prizes. We could check our answers in the archives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Write something really boring and tell them that all the fun stuff is on the blog! It will increase readership! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,
    I like that idea! I was thinking of just printing my blog address and saying Merry Christmas. Anything to increase readership :)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can also hear you when I read your blog. Believe it or not I can sometimes even see your hand jesters and face expresions as if you here telling me in person.Isn't that something!

    P.S.Our regular digital camera makes videos.Maybe yours does as well.A little upload to youtube download to your blog and we can all see Barb, Beautiful Barb with your Beautiful laugh in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot my Christmas letter idea for you...Snickers should write it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep the ideas coming, folks! Trudy, I have yet to let one of the kids write it - who knows what they would put in there!!

    Tina, Snickers wrote it mnay years ago, I'll have to ask her if she is up to doing it again.

    Jen, we did the quiz thing a few years back as well, but it would be new and exciting with the blog archive to reference...

    What to do, what to do? I think I will need to take more showers. Why, you ask? Because I do all my good thinking in the shower. It's warm and quiet - and about the only place in the house that is :)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, We still had a say into what was sent out in her letter. She did have to delete one line because one of the relatives would have taken it the wrong way. So you too can still have a hand in what is in the final draft. But you are getting some pretty good ideas, and I know no matter who writes your family Christmas letter it will be entertaining. I look forward to it. Is Sunday still a go?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.