Nina's Thoughts on Adoption


Nina was asked to answer a question on adoption for a kid's magazine recently.  The question was, "Tell us three things that you wish other kids could know or understand about adoption."

I thought her answers were well worth passing on to not only kids, but adults as well, so here they are.

1)That my birth mom did NOT give me up because she didn't want me.

2) That my birth mom is not my mom anymore.  My adoptive mom is my mom and my birth mom is my friend.

3) That it feels cool and happy to be adopted, not sad and gloomy.  And I get to have an extra friend in my birth mom.

There you have it, three things we all can keep in mind when thinking about adoption :)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you!

    I wish with all my heart that we knew Noah's birth mom. I am glad your daughter has her as her friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's always good to know , that she doesn't feel sad (not that anyone was worried)
    love ya nina
    -maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that. It's really nice to hear from the our children's perspective. Nina sounds like a smart girl!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful answers. You have done a great job of giving her a sound foundation of a loving family. Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina,
    Your first answer was my Andrea's first response to that questionnaire! I'm glad you know and have a relationship with your birthmom. You are one blessed kid!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.