My New Favorite Site

I was reading an article in World magazine the other day about a website that I KNEW I just had to visit.  I haven't checked it out too much, but I think I'm going to like it a lot and so, I share it with you.  It is called FreeRangeKids.   These kids would have Free Range Parents who would be just the opposite of Helicopter Parents.

I'll let you take a guess as to which group we fall into.  Here's a hint - Evan rode his bike a couple miles to Half-Price books today, stopping by the library on his way home.  All without a cell phone or any contact with Mom - GASP!

3 comments:

  1. I just glanced at it, but it looks really neat. I am blessed to live in a fairly safe place. Hmm, I wonder if they address basic bear safety :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal,
    I am not a very fearful person in general, but I am afraid of bears. I don't know how you do it living in such close proximity to them!
    I was quite stressed out when we went to Yellowstone and had a grizzly wandering through the campground we were staying at. I can't imagine having one wandering through my yard! That just might turn me into a helicopter parent :)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb,
    Tim rode his bike to meet up with a friend and get some ice cream, and just called me (I let him take my cell because he wanted to!) to tell me the black barber is open and he's going to get his hair cut!! (and that he'd be a little later than what we agreed on!) I'm getting there!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.