How Were We To Know

That we were adopting a miniature adult? On the forms we filled out before our adoption I am sure we checked two kids under the age of seven. I'm sure of it! Well, I guess they are only looking at chronological age. Go figure. I should have been clued in on this when our supposed four year old started folding up his blankets - neat as can be - neater than my 14, 12, 11, or 9 year olds can fold theirs. And then when he he wanted to fold his clothes too and they looked like an adult did it, I should have figured it out, but, I tell you, he looked so much like a four year old. His bed is made impeccably - better than my dear husband makes ours (don't tell him I said that). Then came the advice from that little mouth on everything - how to parent, how to set the table, how to clean, how to drive (that one is pretty interesting since I'm pretty sure his car experience prior to coming home was pretty limited).

Now after almost eight months, I've figured it out - we've adopted a miniature adult! How were we to know?We love you so much, Marcus!

3 comments:

  1. A miniature adult -- wonderful -- can he PLEASE come to our home to assist with chores around here?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a little MAN! he asked me on monday how far tracy's house was from mine, and when i told him, it wasn't far, "just down the road," he didn't believe me! ella is the same way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a little MAN! he asked me on monday how far tracy's house was from mine, and when i told him, it wasn't far, "just down the road," he didn't believe me! ella is the same way...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.