Date Night

One of the things that Chris and I have done throughout our marriage is have date nights.  Sometimes we are more consistent with them than others (especially when Kim was our faithful date-night babysitter - thanks Kim!!!!  and Casey).  Lately (like say in the last four months), our date nights have been sparse (read non-existent) due to the addition of Marcus & Zoe, but alas, tonight, Chris & I went out on a date - just the two of us - alone - for two whole hours!

So, what might Chris & Barb do on their first date night in  a long time?  Well, we started the evening off at Walgreens for some beverages (I chose juice & he chose raspberry iced tea) and then we went over to Linder's (a garden store) to pick out some plants for our yard (50% off yippee).  Then we did our favorite date night activity.....drum roll...we went to Fleet Farm!   Now, I know I have readers that don't live in Minnesota so I will need to explain Fleet Farm to you.  It is kind of like a Super Target for farmers.  Where else can you buy sporting goods, and bovine vaccines, clothing and baling twine, food and horse stalls, you get the idea.   If they don't carry it at Fleet Farm, you don't need it (okay, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but not much).  If I had known how much fun this store is I would have registered there for our wedding!  I'm only kind of joking there.

What did we get at Fleet Farm tonight?  Well, as usual, an eclectic mix of items.  ten feet of chain, a 3/4"dowel and some hooks (all to hang a hammock in the tree fort), some bug spray (for this weekend), some bubble juice, four Snickers bars (for Snickers salad) and a bag of dark chocolate kisses.  Like I said, this store has everything!

Now you truly know how strange we are!

6 comments:

  1. ANY time you need a sitter -- even just to watch the plants grow 'cause the kids can all watch themselves (or each other!!), call me! :)

    BTW, what's bubble juice?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fleet Farm really is great! Their candy selection is really pretty good.I jut love looking at all their fishing gear and I do not een fih!Lots of big bags of gummy worms etc...about the only place one can find cap guns for young boys who love making a lot of noise just because...

    Date night...Hurray a niht out with that great hubby of yours!I am thinking the last time Jeff and I had anything resembling an actual date must have been over 8 years ago.No kidding.Hmm...We were alone in our van together in 2003 when we closed on this house.That counts, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fleet Farm. We don't go there much, but when we do, I always want to go back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great date night to me!! And I agree that Fleet Farm is the greatest store -- you can find almost anything there and at a cheaper price than other places.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are making me wish we had a Fleet Farm by us!!

    Seriously, Your date nights sound like ours. Most times we got out to eat and then grocery shopping or to Walmart..... it's a good life, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb, You forgot to mention the 4 cents off gas coupon. I just love shopping at Fleet Farm. Trudy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.