The Library

Since we are big book fans, we go to the library regularly (although not regularly enough if you look at our overdue fines). Last night, was library night.As you can see, we end up with a lot of books! Each of the five older kids can pick out ten books. Marcus & Raelea each get about six. So, if you do the math,that brings us to about 62 books. Now during the school year, I am checkin gout school books as well, which brings us to about 100 books each time we go. (They love us at the library!)

Here's the genre that each child usually chooses:
Evan-history, anything Lord of the Rings, mystery, large tomes with weird names that I would NEVER read
Nina - fashion & haircare, pre-teen novels which I only preread to make sure they are okay
Molly - craft books and more craft books
Aidan- ninja stuff, sports stuff, weapons stuff
Emily - princess stuff, ballet & ice skating stuff
Marcus & Raelea - anything with an interesting picture on the front of it
Zoe - whatever she can grab off the shelf fro her stroller
Chris - How to build a shed books, starting your own business stuff, wilderness camping stuf
Me- I don't have time to read! Actually, I only read books I own these days because then I don't have to hurry up and finish them. For example, I am reading Les Miserable and have been for the last year (literally). I am about 2/3 of the way through.

2 comments:

  1. I like the book lists.They show a lot about their peronalities.If you go to the library at night does Chris go as well?

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb,
    Looks like our house on Library day! Only there's less bags...but they're bigger! (Beach bags make great book bags in the winter!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.