Ironing

I loathe ironing!  Sometimes you just need to blog about things you hate.  This is one of those posts.  Since I hate ironing, I rarely buy things that NEED ironing.  I love winter because all my winter clothes are either jeans or knit thus, no ironing needed.  (No, I am not one of THOSE people who feel the need to iron jeans.)

My husband, on the other hand, has taken to wearing dress shirts to work.  He used to wear jeans and t-shirts to work, but now that he's "management" he feels the need to look the part.  Tonight, ironing had become unavoidable.  He barely had any shirts left to wear, and I couldn't bribe my children to iron.  They must have inherited my iron-hating gene.

In order to amuse myself, I thought I would time myself to see just how long it takes me to iron a men's long-sleeve dress shirt.

WHOA!!  WAIT A MINUTE!  STOP THE PRESSES (OR PRESSING)!

You're NOT going to believe what I just discovered!  Extreme Ironing!

Extreme Ironing (also called EI) is an extreme sport and a performance art in which people take an ironing board to a remote location and iron items of clothing. According to the official website, extreme ironing is "the latest danger sport that combines the thrills of an extreme outdoor activity with the satisfaction of a well-pressed shirt."

This is hysterical!!  People rock climb or parachute or things like that with an ironing board and iron!  I can barely type I'm laughing so hard.....

Yes, you can even participate in extreme ironing underwater.  I guess you wouldn't have to use the steam setting on your iron...and you might not want to plug it in either...just a thought!  Maybe next time I go the Boundary Waters I'll paddle and pack in an ironing board and iron!  I could iron the Duluth packs or something.

Well, I was going to tell you that it only takes me 2 minutes to iron that shirt, but that's pretty boring now that I know that people are putting their lives in danger for the art...errrr....sport or ironing.

Now that I know that it is an extreme sport, I think ironing is MUCH more appealing to me.  Ironing in my basement is no longer going to cut it.   I'm going to have to start thinking of fun place to DO my ironing....stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.