Beware!

It's been awhile since I've put on my dissatisfied customer hat, but I have to pull it out of storage for this one!

Here's he deal -

We bought a Groupon deal for a furnace inspection and maintenance from Uptown Heating.  We weren't having any issues with our furnace, but we had never had it serviced and thought it might be a good idea.  The technician arrived on time and started the inspection (which I could not stick around and watch since I have other responsibilities).

It wasn't long before he sought me out and told me that we had a cracked heat exchanger, we needed a new furnace, and he could not restart our furnace because it could be leaking CO2 into our house.  He offered to call someone to have them come out and talk to me about buying a new furnace.  I politely declined his offer and told him I would find someone myself.  He promptly left - without maintenancing anything, I might add.  I turned the furnace back on (it was 10 degrees out).

He was a very nice young man, and I chatted with him as he walked to the door.  Now, what I didn't tell the man was that we have had two different people look at our furnace in the past four months (not service it, but look at it to decide if it was sufficient to heat our addition), and neither of them expressed any concerns over our furnace.  Chris wanted to talk to the people at Uptown Heating when he got home, to find out why nothing was written up to explain what was found.  When he called the company, the women he spoke to said, "Our technician told me that your wife kicked him out when she found out you needed a new furnace."

Well, then!  When Chris told me that I was livid!  I really don't appreciate being slandered and lied about...just a little quirk that I have!  Anyway, after I calmed down, I decided to give Janelle at Uptown  Heating a call because I thought she should know that her fellow employee is a boldface liar.  Janelle didn't answer the phone, so I left a VERY sweet little message with my name and phone number requesting a call back (I'm not being sarcastic here either, it was a very pleasant message).  Never heard back from her.  No big surprise there.  We also have not received the written statement from them of the "problems" that they "found."

The plot thickens...

We decided we better get our furnace checked out by someone we know we can trust, just in case the furnace really was unsafe.  We called the HVAC contractor who did our addition work and had him come over and check the furnace.  Guess what...it's fine!

So, the long and short of it is, buyer beware, and stay away from Groupon deals for Uptown Heating!

Btw, I'm more miffed about him lying about me than lying about my furnace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.