That Mailman, Again!


Bringing me the very best things!!  Today, my new best friend, stuck this in my mailbox....

Now, I am the very happy owner of both the digital version AND the Deluxe CD.  Happy, happy, happy!

So, now I will give you a little personal review of said album.  I know this is slightly premature for my US friends who did not preorder said album, but....oh well!  

I love, love, love the whole thing!  There.  How's that for a review?  

Okay, a little more detail.  Lots of banjo.  Much more and better harmonies than Sigh No More.  The whole thing has more of a "live" feel to it than Sigh No More.  This is a good thing.  A very good thing!

Personal favorite tracks: Hopeless Wanderer (no big surprise there- I've love it for a long time); Below My Feet is AMAZING; there is a tie for third place between Ghosts That We Knew, Whispers in the Dark, I Will Wait and Lover of the Light (oh, and Where Are You Now a bonus track on the Deluxe Edition)

I like Babel a lot, but I need to "figure it out" more.  It's kind of an angry song, and I need time with that type of song.  Same with Holland Road - somewhat angry...yet hopeful, too.  I adore Not With Haste particularly if I think of it in relation to Marcus & Carey (Mrs. Mumford). :-)

There you have it, my completely biased and totally fanatical review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.