Now I Remember

I was beginning to feel a little guilty for all the carefree fun I had all summer, that is until we started school again today.  Suddenly, I remembered WHY I needed a summer of fun!  I no longer feel even the tiniest bit guilty!

While, some amazing homeschool families had smooth, maybe even blissful, first days of school, ours was something less than that!  Getting everyone back in the routine of getting up early, doing chores on time and sitting still and learning for hours on end had a rocky start over here.

It always takes us a few days to get our feet under us and figure out how exactly to squeeze in classes for five kids at four different grade levels.  One change this year is that Nina and Molly are doing on-line school through the public school system.  This frees me up to focus on the little kids and provides them with a bit more rigor to their education.  It also allows them to learn French, something I am wholly incapable of teaching them.

All in all, I think the year will go just fine, if I live through this week, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.