9/11

I, like all of you, remember exactly what I was doing 11 years ago this morning.  It started out like all other days, I was caring for my kids and getting ready to start school when the phone rang.  It was my friend Karen calling to tell me to turn on the TV.  She couldn't even explain why, she said to turn it on. It was not quite nine o'clock.

I turned on the TV and watch in dread the events happening in New York.  The kids came in and stood watching, but not really understanding, what was going on.  I walked over to the window and said, as a reminder to myself, "God is still on His throne!  God is still good!"  I needed to remind myself that even when our world turns into utter chaos, there is One who is in charge and He never relinquishes that power.

I was doing a one-year Bible reading plan that year and the reading for September 11 included these verse.
"Do not call conspiracy all that this people calls conspiracy, and do not fear what they fear, nor be in dread.  But the Lord of hosts, him you shall honor as holy."   Isaiah 8:12-13
So, I turned off the TV and went on to care for my kids for the rest of the day, checking the TV frequently and praying even more often.  What else could I do?  It was all so nonsensical in my mind, surreal and horrific.

It's good to remember that day.  I'm amazed today at how many people I know lost friends and family half a continent away.  My heart goes out to them, as they grieve not just as a country, but personally as well.

Remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.