They're Coming Home Early

Got a call tonight from Aidan, which was a bit of a surprise because there is no cell phone coverage in the Boundary Waters.  It turns out they are on their way home a day early.  Apparently, the fire that has been burning up in the area for about a week was getting too close to where they were camping, so the ranger told them they had to leave.

They're not home yet, but I am sure they will have stories to tell.  I asked Aidan if they smelled the smoke and he said they had, then I asked him if they saw flames and he told me they got pictures of them.  I'm glad they're safe, and (selfishly) I'm glad to get them back a day early, but I'm sorry, for them, that their trip was cut short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.