Summer's Over

Sad, but true.  With the start of school today, I have to admit that summer is indeed over.  This always makes me a little sad.  I like fall well enough, but at heart I am a summer sort of girl - warm sunshine on my face is one of my favorite feelings!

Well, Emily decided to embrace the season change with a "farewell to summer" cake.

Notice the nice fluffy clouds and the warm sunshine!  But then there are the autumn leaves all around it too.  It's a very transitional piece.

Emily is enjoying baking while her older sisters are away.  Normally they hog the oven and she doesn't get a chance to explore the kitchen.  Yet another baker in the house will not be beneficial for our waistlines though :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.