- Let's just eliminate breakfast and lunch...a partial-day fast Monday through Friday. We all know that meal prep and clean up really get in the way of a smoothly running school day, don't we? Stray breakfast dishes, or cleaning off the counter, just delay the start of school. Just when you're in the middle of a fascinating subject, the bird clock on the wall starts hooting at you to notify you that it's noon. Why break for lunch? Let's just skip it altogether. Hmm, we might have to eliminate dinner, too, if the school day is running particularly late.
- Clothes. Completely unnecessary! We all know that when clothes are worn they must be washed and dried. This laundry duty REALLY interferes with the flow of my school day, so to solve the problem I think we should forgo clothes Monday through Friday as well.
- Doctor's appointments...actually any appointments. These interruptions should be banned from the months September through May. All illnesses and well-checks should only occur during the three months of summer.
- Any and all emotional or discipline needs will need to be rescheduled for the hours of 4 pm to 8 pm.
- Weather. It would really help if the weather on every school day was cloudy and preferably windy and rainy, this would eliminate the desire of some children to take "short cuts" on their school work because they want to go outside. Weekends, on the other hand, must all be beautiful and sunny.
- Lastly, I would like to build a silent room around each of my children. A special room where they can hear everything I say perfectly, but where they can't see or hear any of their siblings.