After Almost Twenty Years

Hard to believe, but there are still things I'm learning about Chris after almost twenty years of marriage. Just tonight I learned something new...

Evan, Chris and I are having a conversation in the kitchen (where all good conversations come about) and I am telling them about how I accidentally call people "Dear". You know, like, you're talking to the UPS guy at the door and you say, "Thank you, dear." Oh, come on, I can't be the only one that does that...I have many funny stories about calling people "Dear", most of them embarassing...anyhow...I do it to my brother all the time...a few years ago I said it to an ex-boyfriend...

Well, my dear hubby chimes in that he doesn't do that, but he does call people "Barb". As in, he's having a conversation at work and the person he's talking to is not coming around easily to his point of view, he will slip and say something like this, "Now come on, Barb,..." Hmm, why is it that he slips with MY name when people are being stubborn??? I really haven't the foggiest idea why that might happen....

Because we've been married so long, I find this very amusing! If we had only been married a year or two, I probably wouldn't think this is funny...

Oh, I love my husband, I really do!

4 comments:

  1. Thats so funny!! A couple months ago our assoc pastor left a message on our machine and ended by saying (REALLY fast, but we listened to it over and over!) "ok, thanks, love ya hon" The kids told him and he denied it, but another family said he left the same message on their machine! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear I'm not the only one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just drink a lot more caffeine now. It does wonders for my creativity...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.