Manual Labor Day

I know Labor Day isn't until the end of the summer, but today is Manual Labor Day at our house.


As you can see, we are taking out a bit of sidewalk around our house. Not the way we want to spend a summer weekend, but the sidewalk is causing water problems in our basement :( I know I shouldn't say this, but I am glad we are having a drought because every time it rains the boys' bedroom carpet gets all wet. We are hoping the the removal of the sidewalk and some proper grading around the house will solve the problem.

Now some of my astute readers will be asking right now, "Why is Barb inhere blogging instead of outside working?"

Good question. I was outside working until Evan's book club guys went outside to help. I am no longer needed at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Barb,you must be feeling better? I hope so. The jackhammer looks pretty scary to use but it looks like Chris has things under control. Hope you are all able to get a little relaxing in this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,
    i am feeling much better, thank you. I'm not 100% yet, but getting there.

    Yes, Chris has that jackhammer quite under control - particularly when he's leaning on it :)

    He is quite sore today (Sunday), but he's not quite finished yet. I hope the neighbors don't mind a little jackhammering at 8 am!

    We are having a good weekend, but definitely not relaxing! Lots of work and then Evan, Nina & Molly are in a parade today :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.