All Work And No Play

Make for a dull weekend, so we make sure that that doesn't happen around here. After a day of breaking up concrete yesterday and again this morning (sorry to the neighbors who may have been trying to sleep in), we made time for a variety for fun today.

First off we went to the Hastings parade and were joined by my mom , dad, brother and sister-in-law who all came out to see...Nina, Molly & Evan in marching with the pipe band.
When we got home, some us decided to go geocaching which is always great fun. Today we ended up crashing through a lot of underbrush to find two out of three caches.
Back at home again, we relaxed on the deck for a time...
and then had a riveting game of badminton.
This somehow led to rollerblading, which is something I don't do very often. Don't be fooled by my casual appearance here, most of the time I looked more like...
this. (Okay, folks, he's just steadying me, really!)
He obviously is a much better blader than I
Actually, even Molly & her friend, Brin, are better skaters than I am.
And last, but not least, Emily did some bike riding.
So, we managed to pack a LOT of fun into one day of the weekend. I hope your weekend was fun and productive as well.

7 comments:

  1. barb, you really had a full day after you left the parade. We just had lunch and did a lot of sitting around. No pictures to prove it. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you went ot lunch without us, we hung out with the band for about an hour. Thanks for coming to the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO funny! I love this post!

    Are you attempting to read while you roller blade? It looks like you are holding a newspaper.

    That Chris...just steadying you you say...I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina,
    Glad you enjoyed it :) Yes, my big rollerblading adventure was to go across the street to get our local newspaper out of the box, then I pretty much just stood next to the truck and "looked good". The truck was a great place to balance myself :)

    As for Chris...well, I'll just keep my mouth shut :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I wish I had a fun day like that! I LOVE parades! Aimee K.
    www.oneofthelittlekingsservants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see the paper box now. By the way your hair is growing out very fast. It is looking nice I always liked you with long hair. Now whose is longer yours or Evans?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks (about the hair). It does grow fast, which is good for me since I like change when it comes to hairstyles.

    Evan's hair is longer than mine right now - something he takes great pride in :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.