Socks (Pick-a-Big-Pile)

They are my nemesis! Some of my children have a habit of removing those little foot warmers and leaving them all over the house, others remove them while lying in bed and toss them to places unknown to anyone but the dust bunnies. All of this disorderly sock behavior has lead to an inordinate amount of unmatched socks in our house. (no, Dad, the situation hasn't improved since you folded my laundry last year.)

So, for today's pick-a-pile we have unmatched socks. I will report back when I have them matched (warning, it cold be years).  The picture really doesn't do it justice.  There are probably one hundred socks there.  (which I guess is only 10 socks per person, that doesn't sound as bad...)Well, if you read the above post, you know that many of my dear socks did not find their mates yet, but some did have a happy reunion.
The large pile in the middle is Raelea's.  Don't take this to mean that she loses the most socks.  Some of those socks have been missing their mates since Emily was that size :)

For those that are curious about what I do with all the (still) lonely socks, I put them in a bag and pull them out again at a later date (say after someone has cleaned out under their bed or moved a book shelf).  They frequently will find their mate given enough time.  Of course, they don't fit anyone's feet by then, but they are happily reunited nontheless.

2 comments:

  1. Now I don't feel so badly about my pile of socks. My husband and I were up until midnight last night catching up on neglected laundry. I can only imagine how it must be with that many in a house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we have a lot of laundry, but you must remember, we have a lot of helpers, too :)

    My question to you is, "when you went to bed at midnight, were all your socks matched?"

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.