Oh, This Will Be Fun!

Okay, we're studying the fifty United States for geography this year.  Since I have visitors on this blog from many different states, I thought I would enlist you all to help school my kids (I'm good at delegating :)  )  Here's what I'm going to do.  When we are studying a state (we do two a week) I will let you all know and then anyone from that state can post a comment with something interesting we should know about your state.  Since I don't have readers from every state, if you have every lived in the state or know something unique and interesting about it, let me know.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this will be fun, but hay, it's my blog!

Since we are starting three weeks into our school year, we need to play catch up.  We have started with New England, so the states we have covered are
Maine
New Hampshire
Vermont
Massachusetts
Connecticut 
Rhode Island

Anyone, from New England out there??

OKAY, SOMEONE FROM CONNECTICUT VISITED THIS BLOG AND DIDN'T POST A COMMENT!!!!  Come one now people, let's play....

4 comments:

  1. I think these are the only states in the union (aside from Hawaii and Alaska) that I've never even been too! So maybe I can be of more help next session. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is from Elena
    ALASKA
    In Matanuska Valley (north of Anchorage) during the summer there is 20 hours of sonlight so cabbages there can grow close to 100 pounds.
    We are having a State/Capital test tomorrow (prize: a huge bag on M & Ms big motivator) so she just happened to be reading me info from the Scholastic Atlas of the US as part of her studing.Pretty good timing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another from Elena

    Massachusetts

    There is a lake named Chargoggagoggmanchauggauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg which means you fish on your side.I fish on my side.Nobody fishes in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, we'll be hitting all 50!

    Elena, now those are the type of interesting facts I'm looking for :)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.