School Schedule

Tina commented that she wanted to know our school schedule, so I will relay "the plan" here (things rarely go according to plan).  All you homeschoolers out there might appreciate this, but it will bore the rest of you to tears :)  Okay, here we go -

7:30 - Everyone up, if they aren't already
7:30-9:00 - breakfast, chores, personal devotions
9:00 - School starts :)

9:00-9:30 announcements, pray, memorize Bible verse, practice listening skills
9:30-10:00 - Evan does preschool with the 3 young ones, 4 middle kids do geography & history
10-10:30 - Nina does preschool with little ones, A& Em do grammar and math, M does math
10:30-11 - Molly takes over with the little ones, N does math
11-11:30 - Aidan plays with little sibs, N & M do grammar
11:30 - break for lunch
12:00 - drive Raelea to speech class
12:30- Science with the four middle ones
1:30 - get Raelea from speech
1:45- everyone down for room time and Mom blogs :)

All other subjects (spelling, handwriting, thinking skills and all of Evan's subjects) are done pretty independently by the kids when they have free time.

There you have it - my school day in a nutshell (or a blog post as the case may be).  Btw, I am absolutely LOVING having the older kids teach the younger ones!  I HIGHLY recommend it for larger families!

6 comments:

  1. Barb, WOW!I just have to mention our day starts about the time your kids are having their room time!No fooling.Something just has to change over here.It has nothing to do with the fact that it is right now as I write this comment 2:21 am and I still have a few things left to finish up does it?Thanks for the post!Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,
    No need to follow our schedule! I was soundly asleep when you posted the comment! You do an awesome job schooling your kids! You know me, I'm just a scheduler, so I need to do it the way I do it to make it work for me.

    Love you!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea having the older kids help with the younger ones. Teaching someone else makes the info stick in your mind. You do a great job. I am proud to be your mother. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the details! I'm always interested! I started homeschooling (pre-school) just this week. I really like the idea of older ones helping littles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, thanks for posting -- I love learning from you. I am a schedule type person, too .... though with only 2 kids! :)

    Keep your blog up until I'm done with school -- like 20 years, okay? .... so I can refer back to this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.