My Happy Place

Last Thursday and Friday were a little, shall we say, STRESSFUL around here.  We have entered that difficult phase of home addition called "The Sheetrocking Zone"  - that week of construction that includes dust, noise, sloppy messes, more dust, plastic over everything, dust over everything.....you get the picture.  By Friday afternoon I was ready to fly-the-coop, so to speak.  So, we did!

We went to the wonderful world of the cabin, to spend a relaxing weekend raking, eating, celebrating birthdays, and playing Scrabble.  I love the cabin!!  It's my happy place!  I especially love the cabin when my own home is anything but homey!  If I had planned ahead, I would still be at the cabin now, as we have three more days left in "The Sheetrocking Zone."  But, alas, I did NOT plan ahead and so, here we are back home.

Since my house is covered in  plastic and dust, I'm going to look at pictures from the cabin now!  Here - you can join me....

As is the custom of late, we had a themed dinner on Saturday night.  This time is was a masquerade.

Dad & Mom

Peter, Deb & Rachel

Me (with a rather pained look on my face because I couldn't see clearly out of my mask), Raelea, Marcus & Zoe

Joy & Jim with the fanciest masks of all!

Mumford got some good quality time with her cousin Max.

And the kids got some good quality time with their cousin Rachel.
It was a great weekend...too bad we had to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.