Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Well, when it was 50 degrees outside, this is what our indoor thermostat read....

Now it's supposed to get down to 33 tonight....hmmm...I'm thinking it's going to be a little chilly in here!  Actually, it won't be quite as bad as it could be, as I have since turned on the furnace.  I realize that most of that heat is pouring out through the uninsulated rafters and walls....as stiff winds come howling through the soon-to-be-beautiful living room.  However, if we keep the bedroom doors shut, they get nice and toasty warm.  Now if we could just stay in our bedrooms all weekend things would be splendid (low of 25 on Saturday - that should be fun...in an "I'm frozen, so I going to Starbucks for the afternoon" sort of way)  

Conveniently, the bedrooms are about the only rooms in this house that have any furniture in them right now.  So, even if they weren't the only warm rooms in the house, they are the only comfortable rooms in the house...for the next six weeks or so.

Emily opted not to curl up in my bedroom to read, instead she has placed herself on the dog bed in the soon-to-be-beautiful dining room.  Pretty sad when the dogs have more comfortable seating than the people!  As you can see, she's sporting a lovely winter hat and fleece jacket to ward off the autumn winds.

Well, the purpose of this post was to elicit a little sympathy from the masses.  How am I doing?

On a more positive note.  It was a quiet day around here, as in no pounding or sawing and no one showing up in my yard or on my doorstep at 7 AM.  Actually, there will not be any really noisy stuff for a couple days, I think.  Tomorrow the electrician starts his work.  We want things to keep moving us one step closer.....to insulation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.