It's All In My Head

As you may remember, my sister has talked me into running a 5K at the end of the summer.  We have since talked my sister-in-law into running it, too, because misery loves company!!

Now the weather hasn't been cooperating because I really, REALLY don't like running in 85 degree heat in the middle of the day.  Unfortunately (for me), most days that is the only time I have to exercise (2:00 pm).  Anyway, I have marked out a 3.4 mile course around our neighborhood to train on.  Up until today, I have never ran the whole thing.  I would run some and then walk some.  Some days (the cooler ones) I would run a little more, and on the hot days I would walk a little more.  Oh, and I forgot to mention, my little course has hills...lots of them :-(

Anyway, today my dear, sweet husband rode his bike along with me while I was running.  (I told you he was sweet)  And every time I told him I wanted to walk a little he encouraged me to keep going.  Lo and behold, with his encouragement, I ran the whole way!  Yay!!

Now to my marathon running friends (and I know there are quite a few of you out there), I know this isn't such a big deal, but for me it feels like an accomplishment.  Truth be told, physically I could have done it all along, but I would just let myself give up every time (usually on an especially long hill a little over half-way through).  It wasn't that my body wasn't capable, it was that I talked myself out of pushing my body.

Thanks, Chris, for being my cheerleader today!  You da best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.