The Window or The Door

Yesterday morning, as I was walking by the outside of our garage, I noticed a full-grown male cardinal trapped inside my garage.  We had plastic on the inside of the window and the poor little guy had gotten trapped between the plastic and the window.  He was fighting quite valiantly to escape, but couldn't.

I quickly went in and removed the plastic so that he could fly away, but he didn't.  He kept trying to get out the closed window, instead of just turning around and flying out the garage door.  I tried opening the window for him, but it was stuck shut, as it hadn't been opened in the eight years that we lived here.

Plan B:  Molly put on some gardening gloves and gently grabbed the little guy (who promptly bit the glove and then either passed out from shock, or started playing dead) and brought him outside, placed him safely in a flower planter and left him.  In a few minutes he flew away up into a tree.

This morning I was thinking about our little rescue operation, and it dawned on me how I  am frequently like that cardinal.  I get myself in a situation that I don't like, and then I try to get out through the only way I can see.  I try and try, but I remain stuck.  All the while, God is removing the plastic, to give me another way of escape, but all I can see is the one way, so I remain stuck.  Then, ever so gently, He picks me up and shows me another way out.

I'm fairly certain our cardinal friend would have died without our assistance yesterday, and if he could feel thankfulness, I am sure he would be coming back with a little gift for us today :-)  Since I am capable of feeling thankfulness, I will spend a little time thanking God for all the times He has rescued me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.