Good To Remember

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." ~Robert Louis Stevenson

My friend Cindy posted this quote on her Facebook page this morning.  What a great thing to be reminded of at the beginning of the day!  The quote reminded me of a blog post I did back in April
about how I evaluate my good days vs. my bad days.

Today, as with all days, I cannot control what is reaped, I can only control what seeds I plant.  The harvest is not under my control.  Many are the things that will influence the harvest.  The planting of the right seeds is certainly ONE of them, but it is not the only one.  Even if prime seeds are planted, poor soil or bad weather conditions can destroy a crop, not to mention disease or rampant plant-eating bunnies (or dogs in my case).

So it is with our kids.  I can and should plant seeds of truth, kindness, humility, gratefulness, forgiveness, obedience, etc., but I CANNOT make those things grow in their hearts and lives.   To judge my day on the harvest is taking credit where it isn't due, or taking blame that may not be mine to bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.