Where The Rubber Meets The Road

I've been thinking about this lately - rubber meeting the road.  Actually, I was thinking about faith and learning and how that all meshes with REALITY.  I was reflecting on the wonderful things God has been teaching me at church and when I read my Bible, and how great it all is and how wonderful it all sounds...and how HARD it is to apply it to real life.

Faith is kind of like a tire on a bicycle.  It's a beautiful thing spinning around, you know, if you lift up your front tire and just let it spin freely.  It looks great.  It even sounds cool.  But, it's not going to get you very far until you put the tire back down on the road - where it belongs.  The problem is when it hits the road and starts rubbing against that pavement the friction starts (every thing in my brain is science related, btw), the bumps start taking their toll, and if the tire is not in good shape, it's going to blow. 

I had two kids off at church camp this week.  They had a great time, and learned all sorts of wonderful things!  They came back all on fire, filled with faith...and then their siblings said something unkind...and then they were corrected by their parents...and suddenly, all those happy feelings from camp evaporated and the reality of "living by faith" set in.  It's HARD! Or as Rich Mullins put it, "It's hard to be like Jesus!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.