He's Back, I'm Leaving

Don't worry, I'm not leaving BECAUSE he's back :-)

Chris just returned from 3 days in Chicago (work conference) and tomorrow I leave for St. Louis for, you guessed it, a bagpipe competition AND to visit my sister, Kathy.  This IS the last competition of the season!  Definitively!  Of course, that's not counting the one in Winnipeg in February....

I am driving down to Missouri tomorrow with Nina, Evan and three of his friends who are also competing. Of the four bagpipers, only two of them are healthy, so we'll see how they end up doing.  I'm not thinking we'll come home with as many medals as they usually do from these events.  Although the antibiotics are starting to make Evan feel better, his fever came back yesterday after he practiced his pipes :-(  Playing bagpipes is REALLY not the rest that the doctor called for, but he's hardly practiced in the last two weeks so he feels like he needs to get some practice in before Saturday.  Pneumonia and bagpipes really don't mix very well we're discovering.

My sister is generously opening up her house to have us all stay there a couple nights.  Thanks, Kathy!!  She and my niece are going to come to the highland games with us, which will make it more fun for me since Evan spends the time tuning, competing or hanging out with his friends.

I'll try to post the competition results on Saturday, but if I don't have time you'll have to wait until I get back home.  Oh, and of course, there will be pictures.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.