Why I Grow Basil


Pesto, of course! I LOVE basil and use it in many dishes, but the main reason I grow basil is so that I can make pesto. I make bunches of it in the late summer and freeze it to use at a later date. I was feeling rather like the industrious ants this week; freezing my blueberries for the coming year and making pesto for the same. Now if my tomatoes would stop rotting on the bottoms I could do some canning, too.

If you remind me, I will post the pesto recipe, so you too, can freeze bags of it for the winter:)

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! Yes, the recipe would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all of the ingredients except pine nuts. I forgot to get them when I was shopping. My basil plants are beautiful. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.