Posts?

So, why haven't I been posting as much this week?  In one word, laundry.  You know, when you're out of town for a week that stuff tends to pile up.  Instead of my normal four-days-a-week laundry routine, last week I only did it one day which translates to - mountains of laundry.  Well, I am happy to announce that today, for a brief moment, the dirty laundry basket was empty!  Hip-hip-hooray!  Now I just need something blog-worthy to happen...

Actually, there is one more reason why I haven't been blogging  - no time :)  I have decided that instead of blogging in the morning before the kids get up, I will use that time to pray (a MUCH better use of the free twenty minutes I usually have).  This leaves only room time and nighttime to blog.  Well, room time has been filled up with doctor's appointments the last few days and I need to fight Evan for computer time after 9:00.  Consequently, fewer blog posts this week :)

6 comments:

  1. Very understandable. That laundry never ends,it seems. I'm very impressed you have a 4 day-a- week laundry routine. Are you still wanting to be down in the warm weather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random laundry question...

    What detergent & color safe bleach do you use? I'm looking to change what I use; seems like many of my kid's stains aren't coming out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caryn,
    Oh, I love random laundry questions - it's my area of expertise :)

    I use Tide - always - won't use anything else. I think it works better than anything else in getting routine stains out.

    When I have food related stains that don't come out in the regular wash I soak them in a bucket of Oxyclean for about three or four days and then wash them. If they are organic stains they come out really well.

    As a side note, I sometimes buy stained items at garage sales for really cheap and then try to get the stains out. If it works, I get a really nice shirt or something for really cheap :)

    Hope that helps. Happy laundering.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much!

    I should have known - Tide is the winner once again. I guess it's time for me to retire my "cheap laundry detergent buyer" cap and switch to Tide. It sure beats having to buy more clothes because of nasty little stains.

    So, do you just use Tide in the wash and not a color safe bleach or clorox on your whites? Wow, that's alot of Oxiclean being used. Do you get a giant bottle or something?

    Thanks for letting me pick your brain on this subject! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caryn,
    Here's the deal. If you use Tide alone it will get out many of the "stains" that your other detergent is leaving. Truly, it will. I used to be a bargain detergent user, too. I finally switched and I would never go back. It is worth the price. Particularly if you stock up when it's on sale and clip coupons.

    So, I only have to stain treat items about once a month. When my stain bucket gets full of clothes, I fill it with water and Oxyclean and let it soak for a few days. A bucket of Oxyclean lasts me several months (I'd guess around six). There again, it's worth the price because it's cheaper than buying replacement clothes all the time (particularly white shirts :) )

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay...I'm sold! I guess I'm a Tide Mom now! You're a good convincer. Tide should pay you to do their commercials :-).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.